Michael Dunn has been sentenced to life without parole for the murder of teenager Jordan Davis. This sentence will run consecutively to the three counts of convicted murder he was found guilty of for the other passengers in the vehicle. Prayers to the Davis family. This sentence can never replace their child, but at least justice has finally been served. #staywoke
In response to the shooting death of Mary Spears in Detroit.
I cant make this shit up. Men……..I swear they just don’t understand the fear of being a woman
hek23 “Ok I’m confused, women do you want a thug or not?”
It seems like a hideously shitty idea to give your number to someone who’d physically attack you for not giving it.
"Oh, a person that dangerous and unstable definitely won’t use my number to call me or find out where I live or stalk me or anything!"
Not sure if dude here is really dumb, talking about fake numbers, or just using potential violence as an excuse to try and convince people to give him numbers.
What they usually ignore is that giving fake numbers will put you at risk as well
Men have gotten smarter by calling that number right in front of you to make sure that is your number
That calling the number right in front of me shit happened to me a couple times.
Thankfully, none of those dudes EVER called me again, but the fact that they would call the number with me standing there would fill me with dread and tell me immediately what kind of person he is.
Like, nigga, IF it’s a fake number, WHAT you gon DO to me?
I think they were just asking for my number for sport, cause they never actually called me again,
But I shudder to think about how many times this could have been me,
How it angers me that I have to ‘have a boyfriend’ because dudes will respect another man before they’ll respect ME and my right to not want they ass.
Actually Tashabilities… she told him that she had a boyfriend. And Thats when he killed her.
THE ACTUAL HELL MAN?! I can’t.
Every possible scenario when a man tries to kill a woman over her phone number, people will find a way to blame her for what he did:
- You ignore him, so he attacks you. “Why couldn’t you just be polite? Why would you provoke someone who was obviously violent?”
- You try to politely turn him down, so he attacks you. “Why couldn’t you just pretend to be interested? Why would you provoke someone who was obviously violent?”
- You fake interest because you’re scared he’s going to hurt you. He thinks you’re serious and won’t leave you alone and then he attacks you when you finally try to shake him off politely with a totally reasonable excuse. “Why’d you lead him on? Why would you encourage someone who was obviously violent?”
- You give him your phone number to get him to leave you alone. He starts calling you a lot, but you don’t answer, so he tracks you down, and then he attacks you. “Why did you give him your phone number? Why would you encourage someone who was obviously violent?”
- You give him your fake phone number to get him to leave you alone. He realizes it’s not your real number, so he attacks you. “Why would you give him a fake phone number? Why would you provoke someone who was obviously violent?”
- You give him your real phone number and you try to be nice when you call. Eventually he realizes you’re not actually interested and attacks you. “Why did you lead him on? Why would you encourage someone who was obviously violent?”
- You give him your real phone number and end up being harassed into a relationship with someone who is obviously violent because you are scared for your life. He eventually tries to kill you anyhow for nebulous reasons that ultimately boil down to: he can’t completely control you the way he wants to because you are a person, not a doll. “Why do women date violent men? I don’t understand why they don’t just leave.”
I’ve heard all of these arguments in all of these situations. Men use harassment, coercion, and violence to try to get what they believe they are entitled to from women, and the woman gets blamed no matter what. Men are never expected to take responsibility for their bad behavior, because their sense of entitlement is never questioned by our misogynistic patriarchal society. In our warped society, it is reasonable for men to expect that women should be compliant, should be willing to give any man who wants them exclusive rights to her body, sex, affection, and love, and so it is reasonable for men to become violent when a woman acts in any way that denies men control over her person.
Therefore, when a man gets violent, the problem is not the man and his sense of entitlement, it is the woman, who didn’t do “what she was supposed to” even if there is absolutely nothing she could do, short of giving up her autonomy and personhood entirely. And men who get violent when women refuse to comply do so to remind them: if you won’t surrender your personhood willingly, we will take it from you by force.
This is about control, not a phone number.
This is terrifying.
this is so fucking disgusting smh
My god I have never seen something so terrifying in my entire life
this is so disgusting stop stop stop why would you fucking do that i am so fucking angry so fucking angry
what the fuck?
LEGIT GOOSEBUMPS THIS IS WILDDDDDD
I’m shaking right now like this is so fucked up
Why I just could never like pale people, they call us animals but they truly are…
the whites are getting progressively worse…fuck them tbh
Slim…it’s gettin’ real bad out here. REAL bad.
this is terrifying to me could you imagine what the kids in the car felt? like this is out of hand
how tf us this even legal?
HAPPENING NOW (10.9.14): Another young black man, 18-year old Vonderrick Myers, has been killed by a police officer, miles away from Ferguson. St Louis (STL) is turnt the fuck up right now. They literally ran the police out of the neighborhood, and are currently marching around the city. Details are still emerging, but from eye witness accounts, the young man was shot 16 times after the cop mistook a sandwich for a gun. My heart and soul are with the people of STL tonight. See you on Friday for #FergusonOctober. #staywoke #blacklivesmatter
RIP Vonderrick Myer, the victim of tonight’s police shooting. We fighting for you now too.
The Republican Party recently released an ad assuring us that, yes, there actually are Black Republicans.
A message that would have probably been more impactful if the only appearance of a Black person in their video wasn’t a stock photo they had to pay to use…
"Have you ever seen a little girl run so fast she falls down? There’s an instant, a fraction of a second before the world catches hold of her again…
A moment when she’s outrun every doubt and fear she’s ever had about herself and she flies.
In that one moment, every little girl flies.” - Carol Danvers
Captain Marvel the Movie
Sure, this is a pretty cool gif-set. But what isn’t cool is taking my body, and my costume that I made, photoshopping someone else’s head on me without my permission, and not giving any credit whatsoever. That’s shitty, h0rrid.
When you can search by image and find out who owns the image in 10 seconds, there is no excuse for not crediting someone, nevermind not talking to them first to ask if it’s okay if you chop their head off cause you prefer a celebrity’s face more. Cosplayers aren’t here to fulfill your fan-casting needs.